We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Instant pickled cabbage is a great alternative to the more famous sauerkraut. It takes a lot of time to ferment cabbage, and it should be stored in the cold, so housewives usually do not make such preparations until the end of autumn. But you can marinate food at any time of the year, and they should be stored in the refrigerator or in a cool cellar. Quick pickled cabbage is prepared in a few hours, this appetizer can be prepared especially for the holiday or stock up on a large portion for a whole month in advance.
You can easily learn how to cook quick pickled cabbage from this article, because here are the best recipes for pickling instant cabbage.
A simple quick pickled cabbage recipe
Such a pickled appetizer is very simple to prepare, but eaten very quickly, because the cabbage turns out to be fragrant and crispy.
For cooking, you will need the most common ingredients:
- a large head of cabbage - 2-2.5 kg;
- carrots - 1 piece;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves.
A quick marinade will need to be cooked from the following components:
- 1 liter of water;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 2 tablespoons of sugar;
- 5 peas of allspice;
- 10 black peppercorns;
- 5 carnation flowers;
- 3 bay leaves;
- a glass of vinegar (9%).
Cabbage is pickled in the most usual way:
- The head of cabbage should be chopped into as thin strips as possible. For large amounts of snacks, it is recommended to use special cabbage graters, a food processor or shredder, you can chop the head of cabbage with a sharp knife.
- Carrots should be peeled and grated for Korean vegetables.
- In a large container, you need to mix the carrots and cabbage, but you should not crush the food.
- Peel and cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Now you need to cook the marinade: pour all the spices into boiling water, with the exception of vinegar, boil them for about 5-7 minutes. Turn off the stove.
- Add garlic to the marinade and pour in the vinegar, and, on the contrary, remove the bay leaves from the marinade.
- Mix everything and pour the hot marinade over the vegetables in the bowl.
- Stir the workpiece periodically until it is completely cool to room temperature.
- Now you can put the cooled cabbage in a glass jar, pour everything with marinade. You do not need to fill the jar to the top, you should leave one or two centimeters.
- A jar with a snack is covered with a nylon lid and put into the refrigerator. For 12 hours, it should be completely marinated, but two or three day old cabbage will be the most delicious.
From cabbage pickled according to this recipe, you can prepare salads, vinaigrettes, cabbage soup, make filling for pies and dumplings. Cabbage is also good as an independent dish, you can eat it both with oil and without oil, add green or onions, dill, parsley and other herbs.
Attention! To get crispy pickled cabbage, you need to choose strong and resilient forks of a medium or late variety.
Pickled cabbage instant with bell pepper
This recipe for pickled cabbage is considered one of the fastest, because you can eat an appetizer the next day after pickling: cabbage picks up its taste well and crunches superbly.
To pickle cabbage, you will need the following products:
- a head of cabbage weighing about 2-2.5 kg;
- 2 medium carrots;
- 1 bell pepper;
- 1 cucumber.
The marinade is cooked from the following ingredients:
- 1 liter of water;
- a spoon with a slide of salt;
- 3 tablespoons of sugar;
- an incomplete spoonful of vinegar essence (70%).
Step by step pickle quick cabbage like this:
- The head of cabbage is cleaned from the top leaves and finely chopped using a grater, combine or a sharp knife.
- The cucumber and carrot should be grated for Korean salads - the strips of vegetables should be neat and beautiful.
- Sweet peppers are peeled and cut into long thin strips.
- Take a large bowl or bowl and mix all the chopped vegetables in it. You do not need to crush and crush food with your hands.
- Place the vegetable mixture in a glass jar. Before this, the jar is scalded with boiling water or sterilized. The cabbage is tamped tightly with your hands or a wooden spoon. There should be 3-4 cm of free space to the top of the can.
- Marinade is made from boiling water, salt and sugar. When all the ingredients are dissolved, you can turn off the heat, add vinegar and pour the marinade over the cabbage.
- The jar of vegetables should be cooled and refrigerated overnight. In the morning, the quick kale will be ready - you can eat it right away or store it in the refrigerator for about a month.
Advice! It is recommended to serve instant cabbage with green onions and fragrant sunflower oil.
Gurian pickled cabbage per day
This appetizer with carrots and beets turns out to be very beautiful, so it can be a worthy decoration for any table, even a festive one. An appetizer is prepared in three hours, but eaten very quickly.
You will need the following products:
- 2 kg of white cabbage;
- 1 medium carrot;
- 1 large beet;
- 8 cloves of garlic;
- 1 hot pepper in a pod or a tablespoon of ground;
- 1 liter of water;
- 2 tablespoons of salt;
- 200 g sugar;
- a glass of apple cider vinegar;
- 7 peas of black pepper;
- 3 bay leaves;
- ½ cup sunflower oil.
How to make pickled cabbage faster, you can learn from this video:
and according to this pickled snack recipe, the technology will be as follows:
- Heads of cabbage need to be cut into large pieces. If the forks are not too large, it is enough to cut each of them into four parts (together with the stump so that the pieces do not fall apart), then the resulting pieces - into four more.
- Chop the carrots in circles, about half a centimeter thick.
- Beets are cut in the same circles, only each of them is cut in half.
- The garlic is peeled and cut into thin slices along the long side of the clove.
- Hot peppers should be peeled and cut into long thin strips. In order not to burn your hands, it is better to work with hot peppers with gloves.
- Mix all the ingredients in a wide saucepan or bowl. Vegetables should be folded in layers, repeating their alternation several times.
- Pour sugar and salt into boiling water, put peppercorns and bay leaves. When all this boils for a few minutes, the fire is turned off, a bay leaf is taken out, vinegar and vegetable oil are poured in.
- Pour vegetables in a saucepan with hot brine, press on top with a plate and oppression. The marinade should cover not only the cabbage, but also the plate.
- After 3-4 hours, the workpiece will cool down, it can be stored in the refrigerator.
Important! Cabbage is completely saturated with marinade for 4-5 days after cooking, but you can eat it the next day.
It turns out that instant pickled cabbage is quite spicy, so men especially love it. To add spice, you can increase the dose of hot pepper.
Pickled cabbage in 3 hours with ginger
Pickling is a great way to preserve all the vitamins and minerals in vegetables. Ginger is a valuable food rich in immune-boosting nutrients. Therefore, the combination of cabbage and ginger in a pickled appetizer is considered an excellent way to prepare a vitamin winter salad. In addition, you can prepare such an appetizer very quickly!
This will require:
- 1 head of cabbage;
- 1 carrot;
- 1 sweet pepper;
- 70 g of ginger root;
- 5 cloves of garlic;
- 1.5 liters of water;
- 3 tablespoons of salt;
- 5 tablespoons of sugar;
- 5 tablespoons of sunflower oil;
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper;
- 3 bay leaves;
- 150 ml of apple cider vinegar.
An instant recipe would be as follows:
- The cabbage should be cut into small long strips, the carrots should be grated for Korean vegetables, and the bell peppers should be cut into long thin strips.
- The garlic is peeled and also cut into long thin strips.
- The ginger is peeled and cut into very thin (so that they are directly translucent) circles.
- All products now need to be put in a bowl or saucepan and gently mix with your hands, but do not wrinkle.
- Add all the ingredients for the marinade to boiling water, except for the vinegar. After 7 minutes, turn off the fire and remove the bay leaf from the marinade (it will give the workpiece unnecessary bitterness), pour in the vinegar.
- Pour hot marinade over the cabbage and cover with a plate, place the load.
- Cover the pot or basin with a lid on top and leave to cool. After that, you can put the workpiece in the refrigerator for further pickling.
In a day, the pickled cabbage will be completely ready. Pickled ginger gives the preparation a unique, very piquant taste that everyone, without exception, will certainly like.
Home-pickled cabbage with vegetables and apples
This salad has a sweet and sour taste and may well be used as a ready-made dish or an independent side dish for meat and fish.
For pickling you will need:
- 2 kg of cabbage;
- 3 carrots;
- 3 sweet peppers;
- 3 apples;
- head of garlic;
- pod of hot red pepper.
Advice! Apples need to be taken sweet and sour, late varieties, otherwise they will ferment in a hot marinade and will not give the desired taste.
Marinade is boiled from the following ingredients:
- 2 liters of water;
- 4 tablespoons of salt;
- a glass of sugar;
- incomplete glass of vinegar;
- 15 peas of black pepper;
- 6 peas of allspice;
- 6 carnations;
- 3 bay leaves.
Cooking this appetizer is quite simple and quick:
- The head of cabbage is cut into four parts, each of which is cut into several more pieces. The pieces should turn out to be large, and it is better not to cut the stump out of them so that the cabbage does not disintegrate.
- Sweet peppers are cut into 8 long pieces, and hot peppers are cut in half lengthwise.
- The carrots are chopped into thin slices, and the garlic is chopped into slices.
- Apples should be cut right before preparing the snack to prevent them from oxidizing or darkening. Cut each apple into 4-6 pieces, depending on the size of the fruit.
- At the bottom of a wide pan, you need to put a layer of cabbage, sprinkle a little with garlic, then there is a layer of carrots, peppers and hot peppers. The last should be garlic again. Only then the apples are cut and placed on top.
- All spices are added to boiling water, except vinegar, and the brine is boiled for several minutes. The bay leaf is removed, vinegar is poured in, brought to a boil.
- Pour boiling marinade over the appetizer, cover with a plate and put oppression on. The vegetables with the marinade should cool down, after which the pan is removed to the refrigerator.
- Pickled cabbage will be ready in 20-40 hours. Store it in the refrigerator.
Attention! Apples from this blank are very tasty, so you can put more of them. And for the piquancy of taste, you need to cut the fruits together with the seeds.
How to make delicious pickled cabbage
All these recipes with photo and video explanations are very simple and accessible even to an inexperienced housewife. But in order for pickled cabbage to turn out to be especially fragrant and very crispy, you need to know a few secrets:
- the densest and tightest heads of cabbage are chosen for pickling;
- early cabbage is not pickled, as it has too tender leaves;
- almost any spice can be added to the marinade; you need to experiment to create a unique recipe;
- cabbage goes well with many vegetables, fruits and berries;
- it is not necessary to use table vinegar for the marinade, it can be replaced with apple or grape vinegar, acidic foods such as lemon, lime or kiwi are also suitable;
- pickling utensils should be glass, plastic or enamel, as the marinade oxidizes the metal.
Attention! Quick cabbage can be pickled in a saucepan or in a jar. It is generally stored for no more than 30 days.
Using any of these recipes, you can pickle cabbage in a matter of hours. This is especially convenient if a holiday is planned in the coming days or guests will come to the house. To make the appetizer especially tasty and crispy, you should strictly follow the cooking technology and listen to the advice of experienced housewives.