We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
There are various methods for salting cabbage in brine. In general, brine is prepared by dissolving salt and sugar in boiling water. Spices help to get a more piquant taste: black or sweet peas, bay leaves, dill seeds.
To get a tasty and crispy snack, you need to adhere to certain principles:
- heads of cabbage of medium and late ripening are best salted;
- pre-cleaned cabbage from damaged or withered leaves;
- the workpieces are poured with hot or cold brine, depending on the recipe;
- heads of cabbage are cut into several parts or subjected to finer slicing;
- coarse rock salt without additives must be selected;
- it is recommended to salt vegetables in glass, wooden or enamel dishes.
Depending on the fermentation, more salt is used when salting. The entire cooking procedure takes less time (approx. 3 days). Due to the salt and acids that are released from vegetables, harmful bacteria are killed. As a result, the storage time of the workpieces increases.
Cabbage recipes in brine
When salting cabbage, you can use vinegar or do without this component. The most convenient way is to use three-liter cans, which are filled with prepared components and left for salting. With the quick method, pickled vegetables can be obtained after a few hours. More original recipes include horseradish and beets.
The classic version of the preparation of salted cabbage does not involve the use of vinegar. In this case, pickling cabbage with brine is performed as follows:
- One or several heads of cabbage, the total weight of which is 2 kg, must be finely chopped into strips.
- Carrots (0.4 kg) are peeled and chopped on a grater.
- Garlic (5 cloves) is passed through a crusher or grated on a fine grater.
- The vegetable components are mixed, 4 peppercorns are added to them.
- The brine is obtained by dissolving salt and sugar in boiling water (3 tbsp each). After 3 minutes, the brine is removed from the stove, after which the prepared vegetables are poured.
- The jar is covered with a sterilized lid and left to cool at room conditions.
- Pickled vegetables are served after 4 days.
Adding vinegar can help extend the shelf life of your homemade products. When salting cabbage, 9% vinegar is used. In its absence, it is necessary to dilute the vinegar essence in the required proportion.
Salting cabbage with vinegar includes several stages:
- Cabbage heads with a total weight of 5 kg are divided into parts and chopped in any convenient way.
- Then 0.6 kg of carrots are chopped.
- Prepared vegetables are placed in a container.
- The brine is obtained by boiling 2 liters of water, in which 4 tbsp each is dissolved. l. sugar and salt. After boiling, you need to supplement it with 4 tbsp. vinegar.
- The ingredients are poured with hot liquid so that they are immersed in water.
- After 5 hours, the cabbage will completely cool down, then it is removed and stored in the cold.
Hot brine recipe
To pickle cabbage with hot brine, you need to adhere to the following technology:
- A large head of cabbage weighing 2 kg is cut into pieces and then chopped.
- Carrots in the amount of 0.4 kg are rubbed with a grater.
- The components are combined in one container, dry dill seeds (2 tsp) and 7 allspice peas are added.
- Pour one and a half liters of water into a separate saucepan, dissolve salt (2 tablespoons) and sugar (1 glass). After boiling, pour vinegar (40 ml) into the liquid.
- Before the brine cools down, it is necessary to pour the prepared vegetables with it.
- Salting is carried out at room temperature for 3 days. It is recommended to refrigerate the cabbage before use.
Salting in a jar
It is most convenient to salt the cabbage in a jar. To fill a three-liter jar, you will need about 3 kg of cabbage.
The process of salting vegetables in a glass jar includes several stages:
- Late ripening heads should be chopped into strips.
- Carrots (0.5 kg) need to be peeled and chopped.
- The components are mixed and filled into a 3 liter jar. The mass does not need to be tamped. Bay leaves and peppercorns are placed between its layers.
- The brine is prepared in a separate bowl. First, 1.5 liters of water is placed on the stove, which is boiled, then 2 tbsp each is placed in it. salt and sugar.
- The container is poured with brine so that the pieces of vegetables are completely immersed in it.
- Over the next 2 days, the jar remains in the kitchen, after which it is removed and stored in the refrigerator.
You can get blanks in a few hours using a quick recipe. In terms of taste, such cabbage is not inferior to pickles that have been aged for a longer period of time.
Quick salting of cabbage requires a number of actions:
- A head of cabbage weighing 2 kg must be chopped.
- Do the same with carrots, which will require 0.4 kg.
- Four garlic cloves must be passed through a press.
- All components are mixed and placed in a separate container.
- The container is filled with 0.3 liters of water and put on fire. After boiling, add 0.1 kg of sugar and 1 tbsp. salt. For quick salting of cabbage, you will need two additional components: vinegar (50 ml) and sunflower oil (100 ml), which are also part of the marinade.
- Until the brine begins to cool, they pour in the vegetable mass and leave it for 4 hours.
- When the vegetables have cooled, they need to be put in the refrigerator for an hour. After cooling, the pickles are ready to eat.
Salting in chunks
To get homemade products, it is not necessary to chop the vegetables into strips. To speed up the cooking process, the heads of cabbage are cut into large pieces.
The procedure for salting cabbage with slices is divided into a number of stages:
- One or more cabbage heads with a total weight of 3 kg are prepared in the usual way: the wilted leaves are removed and cut into several pieces in the form of squares or triangles. The pieces are about 5 cm in size.
- One kilogram of carrots needs to be peeled and then grated on vegetables.
- The vegetables are combined, 3 pieces of allspice are added to them.
- Then they move on to the brine, which is obtained by boiling 1 liter of water, where 75 g of salt and sugar are dissolved each. After boiling, add a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Place the cut vegetables in a jar or other suitable container. Pour vegetables with hot brine and close the jar with a lid.
- For the next 3 days, pickles are stored in a dark, warm place. Then they are transferred to the refrigerator. After a week, the snack is completely ready to use.
When horseradish is added, the pickles are crispy and aromatic. To salt cabbage with horseradish, follow a certain procedure:
- A cabbage head weighing 2 kg must be chopped.
- Horseradish root (30 g) is rolled through a meat grinder.
- Garlic (20 g) is crushed using a press.
- To obtain a brine, 1 liter of water is boiled, to which 20 g of salt and sugar are added.
- At the bottom of the container in which salting will take place, currant leaves, chopped celery and parsley are laid. Dill seeds and red hot peppers are used as spices.
- Cabbage and other components are placed in a container, which are filled with brine.
- Salting cabbage in jars or other containers will take 4 days.
Especially tasty preparations are obtained from cabbage, to which beets are added. With this set of ingredients, the recipe takes the following form:
- A head of cabbage weighing 3.5 kg is cut into large pieces.
- Half a kilogram of beets should be cut into cubes.
- Horseradish root (2 pcs.) Is peeled, then chopped. If horseradish is scrolled through a meat grinder, then it is recommended to use a bag where the chopped mass will fall.
- 4 garlic cloves are passed through a press.
- Pour 2 liters of water into an enameled container, bring it to a boil. You need to put 0.1 kg of salt, half a glass of sugar, 7 black peppercorns, 6 bay leaves, 2 pieces of dried cloves in the water.
- Chopped vegetables are poured with marinade, then oppression is placed on them. For this purpose, take a small stone or a bottle of water.
- Salted cabbage is kept in this state for 2 days, after which it is laid out in jars and put away in the cold.
Korean cuisine is known for its spicy dishes, so pickling cabbage is no exception. For a snack, you will need fresh chili or ground red pepper.
You can prepare a Korean appetizer by following the specified sequence of actions:
- A head of cabbage weighing 2 kg is cut into large pieces.
- Carrots (4 pcs.) Must be grated on a Korean grater.
- Two garlic heads are peeled and crushed under a press.
- All ingredients are well mixed.
- The next stage is the preparation of the brine. To do this, you need to boil 1 liter of water, add 1 glass of sugar and 4 tbsp. As spices, you need bay leaf (3 pcs.) And hot pepper (half a teaspoon).
- After boiling, add 1 tbsp to the brine. table vinegar.
- Pour cabbage with brine, which is left for several hours until it cools completely.
- It is recommended to chill the prepared appetizer before serving.
Salting cabbage with brine is a popular type of homemade preparation. This method requires an increased amount of salt, due to which the storage time of the workpieces increases. Cabbage can be pickled with carrots, beets, horseradish and garlic. The end result is a delicious dish that is used to make side dishes and salads.