We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Zucchini caviar is a favorite delicacy of many sophisticated gourmets. You can find it on store shelves, in the menus of some restaurants, or you can cook it yourself at home. There are a lot of recipes for this dish, but the best of them are based on the use of pre-fried zucchini. Caviar from fried zucchini has a special taste and aroma, delicate texture. Further, in the section for choice, beginners and already experienced housewives are offered the best recipes with a detailed description of the preparation. Using them, you will certainly be able to surprise, please and feed the whole family with a tasty and healthy dish not only in summer, but also in winter.
The best recipes for a note to housewives
From all the variety of recipes, each hostess strives to find the best options that will truly surprise loved ones and friends. In this case, it is not possible to recommend any one recipe, since everyone has different taste preferences, and each recipe adds its own special taste and aroma to squash caviar. But there are several recipes that can be called unique. They are to the liking, if not all, then very many, even the most fastidious tasters. The secret of these recipes lies in the competent combination of products and the observance of all the rules, peculiarities of the preparation of caviar. You can familiarize yourself with such recipes below in the article.
Zucchini caviar according to Soviet GOST
For the first time in an industrial environment, they began to produce squash caviar in the distant 1930. Of course, since then, the recipe and cooking technology have changed a lot, but for many consumers of this product, squash caviar from a can is a “taste of childhood” from somewhere in the 90s. Unfortunately, not many housewives know how to cook just such a snack at home. But this is quite possible. The composition of such a snack will include many ingredients, and it will take a lot of time to prepare the dish, but the result is worth it. Anyone who decides to cook it according to the proposed recipe will be able to evaluate zucchini caviar in accordance with GOST.
List of ingredients
The uniqueness of squash caviar lies in the fact that it can be prepared from improvised products and vegetables that can always be found in the garden in the fall. The preparation of a snack does not require special cash costs. For example, according to GOST, caviar requires 6 kg of courgettes, 1 kg of onion and the same amount of fresh carrots, 1.5 kg of ripe tomatoes or 150 g of tomato paste, roots of parsnips, parsley, as well as celery and greens of these crops. Of those products that can always be found in the kitchen, you will need 2 tbsp. l. salt and 9% vinegar, as well as 4 tbsp. Sahara. Vegetable oil will be needed for frying vegetables. On average, the preparation of caviar according to one recipe will require 150-200 ml of this product.
For those who have their own vegetable garden, this set of products in the autumn period will be quite affordable, and you will not have to spend money on the purchase of any ingredients. For those who do not have their own land, collecting a basket of caviar products can be a daunting task.
Basics of the cooking process
Sometimes caviar may take several hours to cook. Most of the time is spent on cleaning and preparing, frying food. You can save time if you perform some operations in parallel. So, the production of caviar according to the proposed recipe can be carried out as follows:
- Cut the courgettes in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and remove the skin. Dairy vegetables can simply be washed. Their skin will be tender after cooking, and there will be no grains inside at all.
- Cut the zucchini into slices and send them to the pan to fry.
- In parallel with frying the main vegetable, you need to peel and rub the carrots and roots, chop the onion. These ingredients should be fried in a separate skillet or after cooking the courgettes.
- After frying, mix and grind the ingredients. This can be done with a fine-perforated meat grinder or a blender.
- Put the resulting vegetable puree in a frying pan or cauldron. A saucepan with a thick bottom is also suitable for stewing, which will be heated evenly.
- Add seasonings, salt, sugar to the vegetable puree and send the caviar to simmer over the fire.
- Prepare the tomatoes before the mixture boils. It is necessary to peel and grind them. Add chopped tomatoes or tomato paste to the rest of the vegetables. Boil the mixture for 30-40 minutes.
- 3-5 minutes before cooking, add vinegar and chopped herbs to the caviar.
- It is recommended to preserve hot squash caviar in clean, dry, small jars.
The proposed recipe cannot be called very simple, since it requires several operations with a large volume of ingredients in parallel. However, despite the relative complexity, squash caviar with fried vegetables and the addition of all the listed spices is able to fully satisfy the taste needs of many tasters.
Zucchini caviar with mayonnaise and spices
Mayonnaise is a widely used product that is also well suited for making preserves. There are several different recipes for making a zucchini snack with the addition of mayonnaise. However, it is the recipe with the simultaneous use of mayonnaise and ground red pepper that receives more positive reviews. This caviar is distinguished by its pungent taste and spicy aromas. We will try to tell you more about the preparation of the appetizer.
Important! Only high-fat mayonnaise can be used to prepare caviar.
List of products for cooking
The recipe for a vegetable snack is designed for 6 kg of zucchini and 1 kg of onion. In addition to these ingredients, you will need half a liter of mayonnaise and the same amount of tomato paste, 1 tbsp. oils. From spices, you need salt (2 tbsp. L), sugar (4 tbsp. L) and red ground pepper (1 tsp. L). If desired, squash caviar can be supplemented with herbs or garlic. If necessary, you can replace tomato paste with fresh tomatoes, however, you will need to remove the skin from the vegetables before using.
Zucchini caviar from the proposed list of products can be cooked quite quickly, despite the fact that it is necessary to fry all the ingredients. So, the cooking time for an appetizer according to this recipe is only 40 minutes. During this time, the following steps must be completed:
- Peel and dice the courgettes. Fry them lightly in a pan so that all pieces have a golden crust. This effect can be achieved only if you spread the zucchini in a thin layer. This may require several stages of frying. After frying, the zucchini is placed in a container with high edges for stewing.
- Peel and chop the onion. Fry it until golden brown and add to the zucchini.
- You can make the mixture homogeneous with a blender, meat grinder or crush.
- The resulting puree is stewed for 30 minutes. If the vegetables begin to burn, then you can add a little water to the container, literally 4-5 tbsp. l.
- 5-10 minutes before cooking, add all the remaining ingredients to the caviar.
- Such squash caviar is excellent for canning. Roll the caviar from clean jars, followed by sterilization in boiling water for 20 minutes.
Important! When using mayonnaise, the calorie content of squash caviar increases significantly.
The proposed recipe allows you to quickly prepare delicious, tender squash caviar. It can be enjoyed during the ripening season and cold winters. Red pepper in the composition of the dish will increase immunity and protect the body from harmful viruses.
Zucchini caviar with bell pepper
Bell peppers are often used in the preparation of winter preserves. It can be found in various vegetable salads and squash caviar. There are several ways to prepare an appetizer with bell pepper, but we will try to describe one of the best recipes.
Ingredients for caviar
The proposed recipe competently combines, if not all, then many vegetables from the autumn garden. So, to prepare a snack, you will need 1 kg of zucchini, 300 g of onions and carrots, 200 ml of tomato paste or 700 g of fresh, ripe tomatoes, 2 bell peppers (red) of medium size. The composition also includes greens. You can use parsley and / or dill leaves. The recommended amount of greens is 100 g, but it can be adjusted according to personal preference. From among the spices, it is recommended to use finely chopped garlic, sugar and salt. If desired, add ground pepper to the dish.
In the preparation of caviar, it is very important to strictly follow all the stages. Only in this case it will be possible to combine some operations, saving some free time. So, the proposed recipe can be implemented quickly enough by performing the following operations:
- Cut the peeled zucchini into 1-1.5 cm thick slices. Dip the zucchini in flour and fry in a skillet.
- While the zucchini is roasting, you should tackle the carrots and onions. Peel and chop the vegetables, fry them after the zucchini until soft and golden brown.
- Peel the peppers and tomatoes with boiling water, remove the rough spot at the stalk from the surface of the tomatoes. Peppers to clear from grains.
- Combine all fried vegetables, as well as peeled tomatoes and peppers in one container and chop thoroughly until a smooth consistency of puree is obtained.
- Heat a large saucepan or skillet, brush the bottom with oil and fill with chopped vegetables. You need to simmer the caviar over low heat for about an hour. At the end of cooking, add spices and herbs.
Thus, the process of cooking caviar will take about 1.5 hours. During this time, you will have to work hard, but the result obtained will certainly delight every housewife: the caviar turns out to be tender, juicy and very tasty.
An alternative recipe for roasted zucchini caviar is also shown in the video:
The proposed video can help novice housewives prepare a delicious vegetable treat for their family.
Cooking squash caviar is a unique way to prepare all the best vegetables from the garden for the winter. In the process of cooking, the products partially retain vitamins and useful properties, which is especially important in winter. During cold weather, an open jar of caviar will become a source of vitamins and a pleasant reminder of the past summer. Delicate and aromatic caviar will surely become a favorite delicacy not only for adults, but also for children. Cook caviar - make your loved ones happy!