We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
The benefits of waves are still being studied by scientists and doctors. The composition of the mushroom is very rich, many elements are of particular importance for the human body. An interesting fact - waves in some countries are recognized as a delicacy, while in others they are considered inedible. They belong to the russula family, they have several varieties. The beneficial properties of mushrooms make them very popular among amateurs.
The appearance of mushrooms has no special differences. However, they have counterparts that are not nutritional. Therefore, before eating, you should make sure that the harvested crop is edible.
Types of waves
There are two main types of waves:
Both are lamellar mushrooms and require pre-soaking before cooking. Brief introduction:
- White. The popular second name is belyanka. Grows in groups, young specimens have a convex white cap. As it ripens, it takes on the shape of a funnel with a dark center, especially for mushrooms growing in an open area. The surface of the cap is fleecy. On the cut, white juice stands out, quite pungent. Legs can be short or long, depending on where they grow. The mushroom is amazing for pickling or pickling. But before use, the white wave needs to be soaked for a long time, and then boiled. Much longer than other species. If the cooking time turns out to be insufficient, then even pickled white waves do not lose their bitterness for 6 months.
- Pink. This species has a pinkish red cap, light beige flesh that breaks easily. The smell of the pulp resembles the aroma of resin, a pungent white juice is released at the fracture. A very beautiful mushroom, but turns yellow in the blank. Can only be consumed after soaking and blanching.
The differences between species are not only in color, but also in size. The pink wave is slightly larger than the white one.
Some information on the video:
How waves are used in cooking
Culinary experts have developed certain cooking rules:
- The species does not require long soaking, if it does not have a pungent taste.
- The first water is not suitable for consumption, it must be drained.
- Food should not be cooked in copper, pewter, or cast iron dishes.
- You can store ready-made meals in the refrigerator for no more than 1 day.
- Even salted or pickled waves need to be eaten immediately, so containers for blanks should be small.
- Do not leave mushroom dishes with potatoes the next day.
- If it is not possible to immediately process or prepare the collected fruit bodies, then they are stored in the refrigerator only for 24 hours unwashed.
Important! You can't cut them either.
- It is recommended to boil fruiting bodies in plenty of water.
To leave the bitterness, you need to pour the mushrooms after the first boiling with cold water, then boil again.
But, most of all, culinary experts are interested in how useful mushrooms are for humans.
Nutritional value and composition of waves
This type of mushroom is prized for its nutritional value and varied composition. The calorie content of 100 g of the product is 22 kcal. The same amount contains 3.26 g of carbohydrates, 3.09 g of protein and 0.34 g of fat, 1 g of fiber, 92.4 g of water. Nutritional value is due to the chemical composition of the fruit bodies. The main useful components that make the mushroom very popular are:
- Vitamins C, B6, B1, B2, B5, B9.
The most useful are calcium, manganese, iron, sodium, zinc, phosphorus. You should know what benefits and harms the waves have for the body.
Why are mushrooms useful?
Such a diverse composition gives the mushrooms properties that are very useful for the human body. The benefits of mushrooms are the presence of:
- anti-inflammatory effect;
- analgesic action;
- antibacterial and antimicrobial properties;
- strengthening and regenerating effects;
- properties that improve vision.
In addition to the listed qualities, the gifts of the forest of this species recuperate well after fatigue, improve the condition of the skin, nails, hair. We can safely say that the benefits of waves for the human body are very great.
Limitations and contraindications for use
In addition to tangible benefits, waves can be harmful. This applies to people with diagnosed diseases of the stomach or intestines, especially with cholecystitis and pancreatitis. There are also restrictions on the use of children under 7 years old, pregnant and lactating women, patients with a removed gallbladder. This is due to the presence of bitter juice in a mushroom with a certain composition.
The benefits of waves have been scientifically proven. Competent cooking will allow you not only to get nutritional nutrition for the body, but also to enjoy real pleasure from eating mushroom dishes.