Orange jam with strawberries turns out to be moderately sweet and incredibly aromatic. For it, you can use not only the pulp of the citrus, but also its peel. The preparation for the winter with mint or ginger turns out to be unusual in taste.
Selection and preparation of ingredients
Berries for jam should be dense and whole. Better fruits of medium size without mechanical damage and traces of rot. It is recommended to collect them until they are fully ripe. Rinse the strawberries under low pressure or in several waters, sort out, remove the tails.
The main requirement for oranges is a whole peel, no rot. Better to choose citruses with a thin zest. The bones are taken out, they add bitterness. If the peel does not need to be removed according to the recipe, then the fruits should be dipped in boiling water for a few minutes. This will remove the bitterness. For flavor, it is recommended to add zest to the blanks.
For cooking, you need an enamel pan or bowl. It is better to stir the jam with a spoon or a spatula made of wood, plastic or silicone. Jars with lids must be sterilized. It is not recommended to store workpieces in plastic containers.
Strawberry and orange jam recipes for the winter
Strawberry orange jam can be made in a variety of ways. Some recipes require citruses, juice, or zest. These ingredients give a special taste and aroma, and are natural preservatives.
A simple recipe for strawberry jam with orange for the winter
For 2.5 liters of workpieces according to this recipe you will need:
- 2 kg of strawberries;
- 0.6 kg of granulated sugar;
- 5 oranges.
Recipe with a photo of this strawberry and orange jam:
- Cut the citrus pulp into cubes, removing the films with seeds.
- Place the strawberries in a saucepan or bowl, cover with sugar, put on fire.
- After boiling, add orange pulp.
- Cook for ten minutes, leave for an hour.
- Repeat the algorithm two more times.
- Arrange in banks, roll up.
It is better to use oranges of medium size, you can reduce their number by replacing the same amount of berries
Strawberry jam with orange peels
For harvesting according to this recipe, medium-sized berries of the same size are needed - they will remain intact. Citrus peels will accentuate their taste and add a pleasant aroma.
- 2.5 strawberries and granulated sugar;
- zest from 5 oranges.
- Sprinkle the strawberries with sugar.
- Thinly cut the peel from citrus fruits, chop into cubes.
- Add zest to the strawberry-sugar mixture, shake, leave overnight.
- Put the mass on minimum heat, after boiling, cook for five minutes, gently shaking instead of stirring.
- After complete cooling, boil again for five minutes, wait 8-10 hours.
- Boil again, put in banks, roll up.
Jam according to this recipe can be made with mint - make syrup with it separately, use only liquid
Strawberry jam with orange and mint
To prepare for this recipe, you need the following ingredients:
- 1 kg of berries;
- 1 kg of granulated sugar;
- 1-2 medium-sized oranges;
- a bunch of mint.
Making strawberry-orange jam is not difficult, it is important to follow the algorithm:
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar, leave for several hours so that it dissolves, and the fruits let the juice out.
- Put the strawberry mass on a minimum heat, stir gently.
- After boiling, turn off, let cool completely. This takes approximately eight hours.
- Bring to a boil again, leave to cool.
- Separate the strawberry syrup.
- Cut the citruses into slices, each into four pieces.
- Heat 1 liter of syrup, add orange slices, cook for 10-15 minutes.
- Grind the mint, lower it in 0.5 liters of separately heated syrup, turn it off after boiling, leave for a quarter of an hour and strain. For jam, only liquid is needed.
- Combine the strawberry, orange and mint ingredients, bring to a boil, cook for five minutes over low heat.
- Pour into jars, roll up.
For blanks, you can use any mint, but peppermint provides the maximum freshness in taste
Strawberry jam with orange and lemon
A fragrant and tasty strawberry-orange jam is obtained if you also add lemon to it. For cooking you will need:
- 2 kg of strawberries;
- 1-2 kg of granulated sugar;
- ½ lemon;
- 1 orange.
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar, leave overnight at room temperature. It is better to do this in a low but wide container.
- Squeeze the juice from citrus fruits, add to strawberries, mix gently. The seeds should not get into the mixture.
- Put the citrus-berry mixture on low heat, after boiling, cook for five minutes.
- Remove the fruits with a slotted spoon and spread on a platter.
- Boil the syrup until the volume is reduced by a third. The proportions can be arbitrarily changed according to your preference.
- Gently transfer the strawberries back to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes. Do not mix the mass, but shake the container with it in a circular motion.
- Distribute to banks, roll up.
The fruits must be temporarily removed from the syrup so that they remain intact - in winter they can be used to decorate confectionery
Orange-strawberry jam with ginger
It is important to take the fruits for this recipe dense and medium in size. For 1 kg of strawberries you need:
- 1 kg of sugar;
- 1 large orange;
- ½ lemon;
- ½ tsp ground ginger.
- Sprinkle the berries with sugar, shake, leave for 8-10 hours.
- Shake the strawberry-sugar mixture, put on low heat.
- Boil. You do not need to stir, just shake the contents gently.
- After boiling, leave the mass for ten hours.
- Bring to a boil again, boil for five minutes, leave for 8-10 hours.
- Peel the orange, remove the film and skin, chop coarsely.
- Put the berry mass on a minimum heat, add citrus.
- When the mixture is warm, pour in the juice of half a lemon.
- Add ginger to the boiled jam, mix.
- After a minute, turn off, pour into cans, roll up.
Strawberry jam can be made with grapefruit, but orange gives a softer flavor
Terms and conditions of storage
The best place to store jam is in a dry cellar, no sunlight and a temperature of 5-18 ° C. The walls of the room should not freeze through, high humidity is destructive. At negative temperatures, cans may burst.
You can store a strawberry-orange blank for two years, and after opening for 2-3 weeks. It is important to remember that beneficial properties are lost over time.
Orange jam with strawberries is an unusual, but tasty and aromatic preparation. You can make it with just three ingredients, add mint, ginger, lemon juice. Such additions not only change the taste of the jam, but also make it healthier.